Help us build the future of our services
Our Regional Advisory Forum meets twice a year to help guide our annual engagement cycle.
Forum members support us by:
- Sharing emerging local and regional issues
- Providing insight into a range of diverse experiences across our community
- Helping to identify what areas we should focus our engagement on
- Developing a deeper understanding of insights from our customers and stakeholders
- Reviewing our annual corporate plans and draft price submission for the new pricing period in 2027.
Advisory forum members give feedback, share ideas for solutions and advocate for the interests of their community.
They participate in two forums each year throughout our next price submission period - from July 2023 to July 2027.
We'll supply catering for the forums, and reimburse travel and other costs, ensuring there's an opportunity for people from across our region to participate.
The group provides feedback on common topics including:
- Local issues
- Regional prosperity
- Our services and prices
- Major projects
- Customer experience and support
- Environment, climate change and sustainability.
This is a volunteer position. Members must commit to attending a forum twice a year for our next price submission period - from July 2023 to July 2027. Each forum will run for about half a day, along with some preparation work between forums.
We want to make sure we have a mix of people with diverse experiences reflecting our customers and communities.
Consider applying if you:
- Live in the region
- Have regional or local community knowledge
- Are available to attend a brief interview in mid-July
- Are available to attend two forums per year
- Have experience, skills and interests aligned with our business
- Represent a community group, organisation or business (evidence of their support for you to join may be requested)
- Evidence of COVID-19 vaccination when attending our sites, unless exemptions apply.
We'll select members with a goal of reflecting our region's diverse community.
Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, people from different socioeconomic backgrounds, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, gender diverse and intersex people are encouraged to apply.